Well that was a long break. To start the New Year off I am publishing a tool I have been working on called SNinja. It aims to be a replacement for the standard Left Hand Nav window.
Using SNinja is easy just hit the
button to begin. That's the backtick button right above Tab. Hit again or Escape to close the SNinja window.
As you start typing the auto-complete will match Modules and Table names. Hit up and down to move through the options or Tab to auto-complete the current selection.
For Modules just hit enter to execute them.
For tables you can either hit Tab again and enter a search term to Search the table or hit period and enter one of these commands.
- list – Brings up a list
- form – Goes to the form view
- dict – Loads the dictionary values
- recent – Brings up records edited today
- br – Brings up a list of business rules
- cs – Brings up a list of client scripts
- acl – Brings up a list of ACLs
- act – Brings up a list of UI Actions
- pol – Brings up a list of UI Policies
You can also type current in place of a table name to reference the current table you are on if you are in a list or form view.
Finally you can go directly to a page by typing the name of the page and .do at the end. Like “home.do”
Source Code and Update Sets are here: